- Make repairs during spring.
- If needed, dethatch and aerate your lawn during spring.
- Mow a lawn often enough so you wonít need to pick up clippings
- Water a lawn only when it needs watering. Do it near dawn or late at night.
- Select trees and shrubs that will complement, not clash with your house type.
- Avoid planting trees closer that 10 feet to a home
- Remove cracked, diseased, and dead tree limbs.
- Donít be afraid to contract professionals, at least to get things started. Landscape architects, landscapers, and weed control companies can straighten out major problems in a hurry, and help you set up a program of regularly scheduled maintenance.